saving and enhancing the lives of young people on the Central Coast
SOKS is a project aimed at saving and enhancing the lives of young people on the Central Coast.
It comprises two arms:
- Youth Suicide Prevention
- Youth Enrichment
SOKS is managed by a committee approved by the Board of Gosford North Rotary and funded by monies raised by the club, along with donations from individuals and organizations on an annual basis.
- To reduce the incidence of suicide of young people
- To give adults the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and approach young people who are contemplating suicide and/or self harm
- To facilitate the development of leadership and life skills of young people
- To enhance young people’s self esteem and confidence to achieve their goals in life
- The program will address youth suicide prevention or youth enrichment/leadership.
- The SOKS Committee will research programs and engage suitable providers of courses and opportunities. Any program considered must be deemed to be best value in terms of personal growth and expenditure.
- The programs recommended to the Board by the committee will maximize opportunities for suitable candidates.
- All attendees of our Youth Suicide Programs must be a minimum age of 14 years.
- All attendees of our Leadership programs must be between the ages of 14 and 27.
HELPING TO CHANGE LIVES ON THE CENTRAL COAST
Lifeline Central Coast.